Pursuant to Ventura County Ordinance 4445, Section 4770-1.1, the Public Works Agency Director shall develop, maintain, publish and update as appropriate, in consultation with contract collectors and other diversion industry representatives, a list of recyclables generated by residential customers.
What to Recycle?
All of the items listed below should be placed in your curbside recycling barrel, provided by your solid waste collector. Recyclables do not need to be separated from each other, rather they may be “commingled” (i.e., mixed together).
- Aluminum (foil and cans)
- Cardboard (please break boxes down)
- Glass bottles (unbroken with lids removed)
- Metals (cans and assorted scrap metal)
- Paper (office paper, newspaper, magazines, paper bags, and phone books)
- Plastic bottles – all plastic containers are currently accepted, except plastic bags and film plastic.
If you have any additional questions, please contact your solid waste collector.